About the Award
The SAROA Owner of the Month is awarded to a member whose horse has won a race in the previous month or has performed a notable feat or where there is a story worthy of sharing with our members. Stories about post racing careers and other equine welfare related stories are welcome.
The award is more about a good story related to your horse than about a race it won.
For example, it is quite possible that a low rated Ceduna maiden winner or a heart-warming tale of recovery or re-homing could result in winning the prize, rather than a metropolitan winner.
How to enter
- Nominate a horse owned or part owned by a SAROA member by the 10th of the month for a win in the month previous or for another noteworthy event.
- Nominations are accepted from the SAROA owner themselves or anyone who wants to nominate a SAROA member.
- Send your nomination by
- Email email@example.com
- Post to SAROA PO Box 1139 GUMERACHA SA 5233
- Phone or Text us on 0432 664 824.
Who decides the winner
- The SAROA committee
- If no nominations are received by the due date the committee will nominate a worthy recipient based on the race results for the month in question
The lucky winner will receive a $200 voucher kindly donated by Jenny and Wayne Francis to be used for meals at any of the Francis Group of hotels:
- The Elephant and Castle in Adelaide
- The OG hotel at Klemzig
- The Port Noarlunga Hotel
- The German Arms at Hahndorf
So get those nominations in and be a winner!